View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 11:33 PM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulka View Post
Ok...finally success! Here's a manual for future users.

How to convert PDF files and transfer to KOBO in order to work as a full ebook:

1) either use a PDF editor to extract the text and copy to a Word processor (didn't worked most of the times for me), or go to this site
http://www.convertmypdftoword.com/
(best results for the tests i've done)
This step only makes sense if the PDF is one that uses images. If not, you may as well go straight to epub.
Quote:
2) After having the text in the word processor, export it to PDF format

3) Use Calibre software to convert the PDF to EPUB format
You would be better off saving as some other format and converting that. The calibre FAQ has http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/conv...word-documents. There is a lot of discussion on the best way to do this.
Quote:
4) Use Adobe Editions to transfer the EPUB file to your Kobo.
Personally, as the book is already in calibre, I use that.

Quote:

Done.

After a lot of research and the help of the community i realized that there are a lot of problems with the Ereaders handling PDF files. You can easily transfer a PDF to your ereader, but it transfers as a sort of image and doesn't let you use all the capacities that a normal ebook does. This is way you have to extract the text from the original PDF file. As Mrs_Often refered you have to "make a new PDF with text instead of the images of text"
It is unfortunate that the ereaders don't handle PDF better. But, I think for most fiction, the epub is the much better format.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote