View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 10:54 PM   #78
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I was referring to halo's post, the one you were referring to as "a correct opinion", which lumped all forms of non-ionizing radiation into the "it can't be bad because we get more from the sun..." category.

I don't think it was a correct, or sensible, way to address the concern. Your way was.
Thanks. I needed that.

I realized at the time that my "agreement" with halo was vastly oversimplified, but I wanted to keep it short. And technically, all absorbed radiation does become heat. It is the quantity that determines its health affects, and there are risks and benefits. Although most of us are afraid of nuclear/atomic radiation, it appears that small amounts of such ionizing radiation are beneficial to health, which could be surprising to many. You can find more about this at links posted in previous threads above. And you get vitamin D creation from sun exposure, but you can also get melanoma if you overdo it. Almost everything can be good or bad depending on exposure intensity and duration. Moderation is the key.

This has been a fun thread. I wish other threads were more fun. Being so helpful to so many people suddenly got a LOT less fun (another thread), making me wonder why I have devoted so much of my time to helping so many people in the Dev Corner forum. Perhaps it is time for me to play with some of my new toys instead.

At least this thread brought a new experience into my life today: Bacon Sundae at Burger King!

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-31-2012 at 11:21 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote