Thread: epub - DRM?
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 10:35 PM   #8
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murre View Post
How about Calibre?
If I open it in Calibre and I can read from there, does this mean I can transfer the epub to ANY device that support this format?
Yes. Calibre can read any DRM-free ePub and can't read DRM-ridden ePubs.

Note that even if you can't read it in Calibre, i.e. if it has DRM, Calibre can still manage the ebook. It can't change it to another format and it usually can't change the metadata in the ebook (but it can store different metadata in its own database).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote