View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 02:47 AM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by atjnjk View Post
When I switch library (using the dropdown next to Library button), I expect Calibre to 'switch library' from library1 to library2 (meaning: calibre shows library2's books). But it seems after switching, calibre shows library1's books as library2's ones and thinks it's working with library2. After closing calibre, I switched to library1 using the .bat file then used 'Library Maintenance > Check Library'. It showed that there were some extra titles and authors (which were library2's books).
When I started using more then one library I had to stop using the batch file to point to the library and metadata.db file because it caused problems when trying to switch libraries. Since I really didn't care I just changed my setup.

Now all I point to is a common configuration so every machine I'm on is using the same plugins and settings. I just install calibre on each machine pointing to the same library (in my dropbox).

I think itimpi's suggestion about a different batch file for each library might be best. I wouldn't be surprised though if the copy between library had problems.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote