View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 05:15 PM   #75
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
To keep my code small and simple I do not check or change the screen parameters (bit depth, etc.). Perhaps you ran a program that set your kindle to a "non-default" video mode and did not put it back the way it found it... Bad (other person's) program!
Yep, I think I can reproduce it. Try this in main:

1. Open any book, switch to landscape mode.
Code:
[root@kindle us]# zcat harvey.gmv.gz  |./gmplay 
Segmentation fault
3. Switch back to portrait mode.
4. gmplay works again.

So the rotation setting seems to "physically" rotate the underlying device (if you know what I mean). You can even verify this by setting the device to portrait inverted -- gmplay will also play "upside down".
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote