View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 09:46 AM   #7
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
I won't buy one for several reasons. (1) No ePub support. (2) Buying one helps Amazon build a vertical monopoly position, something I do not want to see happen as it could destroy the publishing world. (3) Amazon's contract terms for publishers (which reflect Amazon's desire to be a monopoly) directly contradict Amazon's PR statements about DRM and openess. If they aren't honest here, where else aren't they honest? Is current pricing a bait-and-switch-type scheme -- low book prices only until they corner the market? (4) I dislike the keyboard as it reminds me of my laptop computer and makes me think of reading on my laptop. I already own a laptop so why buy another?
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote