View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 03:06 PM   #40
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by barobach_so View Post
And I'm thinking to do a trick that makes us independent of copying font in kobo ( for Persian I mean ) :
Kobo shows Persian web sites character by character and in opposite direction originally (before copying fonts) . there is software name " Arab Shaping " that reverse the words character and make it correct ( originally usage is for subtitles )

I make some dictionary by this method in koreader although the koreader builders said its not possible
I think its maybe release us to tab Aa every time

your opinion Tshering ?
If the web browser displays Persian text without a Persian font being installed on the system, I guess the web page is using a server hosted webfont, as for instance http://www.bbc.com/persian. If this is what you are referring to, I cannot imagine how you apply this technique to the GUI of nickel. Or do you think of something different?
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote