View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 04:29 AM   #23
scoky
Connoisseur
scoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; KOBO AURA HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
I did, but that was FW 2.4.0 or so. I am not sure whether I can find any related notes. I guess one has to start searching anew. The problem was that the frame is set at certain fixed positions on the screen, the program does not care to fit the frame into the screen. Therefore, if the frame is placed into the bottom region, the lower part of it is outside the visible screen.
I would like the dictionary to open always in full screen mode (This would helpful especially for Japanese, since in most cases you cannot go from the pop-up view to the full screen view.). I once tried a little to find how to do this, but I do not know much asm, and so I did not succeed.
Therefore, I compromise a little on the font size and line spacing.
Hi, teshering, I find some parameters can control the frame size. They can in nickel and libnickel.so.1.0.0 in the attachments. Generally, parameters in nickel can control the frame size and in libnickel.so.1.0.0 can control contents size of dictionary. I modify them use hex editor and it isn't convenient for modification, but I don't know how to make patch like you and GeoffR. So maybe you can add them in you patch if you are interested.
A small issue is sometime the frame will cover the small box contains note, search and share.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen141227-165949.png
Views:	610
Size:	212.4 KB
ID:	132984   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen141227-170106.png
Views:	557
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	132985   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen141227-172827.png
Views:	566
Size:	155.2 KB
ID:	132986  
Attached Files
File Type: txt libnickel.so.1.0.0.txt (2.9 KB, 462 views)
File Type: txt nickel.txt (439 Bytes, 390 views)
scoky is offline   Reply With Quote