View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 06:17 AM   #38
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
I just finished a crash diet program that lasted exactly 6 weeks. That is 42 days and 126 meals.
I got the diet from pilotBob.
Spoiler:
It is discussed in the book Eat to Live by J. Fuhrman.

How much did I loose
Spoiler:
I do not know how much I lost. I avoided the trap of the scale. (I tend to become obsessed: dieting is a stressing experience and I tried to avoid all of it).

I lost maybe a couple of sizes or 3. The only thing that I measured is my breast and I lost 2 sizes of bra (if I ever decided to wear a bra, but it is unlikely).

Over all I gage to have lost around 20 lb.

A brief description of the diet (how I implemented it)
It is mostly vegetables, with proteins coming from beans and similaria. Fish and very little meat. No oil, but nuts.

Foods That I gave up or reduced drastically
Spoiler:
I gave up many foods that I like very much.
Completely. Pasta, rice, bread, cheese, milk, ham, salami and the like. Beer. Dressings of any sort, including my wonderful home-made-by-a-friend olive oil.

Completely that I am not particularly fond of: Pies, cakes, biscuits, chocolate, sweets, soft drinks.

Reduced to once a week or less: Potatoes, meat of any sort. Chips, doritos, and stuff like that.

Food that I should have reduced but I did not
Spoiler:
Drink. I usually have a glass of red for lunch (1/2 if I have a meeting right after). A couple of aperitifs before dinner and a couple of glasses of wine with the meal. Sometime a small drink in the evening (mostly Lemoncello or a fine).

3 meals a day, eating plenty so that I never felt I needed a snack.
Spoiler:
Breakfast
I always eat the same. A 1/2 cup of porridge (instant and micro, with plain water and little pinch of salt) in which I mix what fruit I have. To day one banana, 6 strawberries and a couple slices of tinned ananas (I found a brand without sugar but its own juice). A cup of coffee, black.

Lunch. At work I made arrangement with the trattoria. They make me a huge salad with lattuce, tomatoes, sliced onions and walnuts, plus a small tin of beans or chicken peas. If I am still hungry I order a 1/4 ananas. A glass of red. espresso, black.
At home a huge salad, steamed greens, either beans or steamed fish, or smoked salmon, a side vegetable to help with the greens. Tomatoes mostly. I invented this trick: I cut a slice of tomato on the dish, cover it with a forkful of greens and it goes down very well. Wine as I please. Coffee, black.

Dinner. A couple of drinks, while I cook for me and the family. with a lot of appetizers. Veggy stuff: dry tomatoes, palm hearts, olives, pickled onions, as much as I care. A vegetable soup. Like 2 cups. Then like the lunch. deca black.

Exceptions.
Spoiler:
Sunday lunch. Traditionally we have a huge Apero. It is a family tradition. We have it outside, we read the Sunday papers and smoke a ton. I mix cocktails for W and me, a tomato juice for LD. I put out platters of appetizers: Chips, pistachios, olives, little preztnels, maybe a dip, sticks of celery filled with Gorgonzola, bread sticks buttered and wrapped in ham, little squares of cold pizza (the thick one), pickled wild mushrooms, may be caviar. For me the usual and I might try some of the treats. Then is usually meat and potatoes with a side vegetable, like artichockes, or zucchine. A good wine. Icecream for dessert for them. Pusse cafè. Idiotic looks. Nap. Bliss.

I feel very well about the whole thing and I will continue eating like this.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote