View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 03:23 AM   #5
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
I do not have any "reluctance" to share my source file, none at all.

But that would have quite chaotic results imho.

First, you can't just correct a typo because some of them are in the original and it is therefore highly dubious if it should be "corrected" at all.

Second: What happens when there is more than one mistake in an ebook: Who does the corrections? Everybody that sees it? Then we will have different versions, all in a different grade of perfection? How does the reader find out which is which and why?

Third: I already upload 4 formats of an ebook. If I uploaded the source, too, I would have 5 posts for one book. That is a bit much, really.

I have only been asked for the source of a book once, btw. And I didn't hesitate to send it to that person right away. So if someone asks me privately for the source of a book, I will give it if it is for a good reason, like for example if that person wants to create yet another format or wants to see how I handle things.

A little credit would be all I ask in such a case if the book is uploaded somewhere (for MR and me). I have uploaded some books to Feedbooks and some epubs I made are available on a german ebook forum.

So no reluctance whatsoever. If you're not asked, you can't know there is an interest. But not for corrections as those have to be made centrally, as I have explained.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote