View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 11:34 AM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Why do you want to convert footnotes into inline text? Isn't it better to have them as endnotes in an eBook? That's what I always do myself.
personally i prefere inline notes so far. it's still a lot of button pressing to get to the notes and i always read them, and when there are a lot i've found this gets tedious on a cybook (on my eb1150, on the other hand, with touchscreen and hyperlink ability, it's easy and pleasant. just saying.). they can easily be distinguished from the main text in many ways (an hr rule before and after, slightly reduced text size, indent...).

luckily, epub will be able to support TRUE footnotes, at the foot of the page, despite the reflowable text. won't THAT be nice.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote