View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 06:21 PM   #605
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I know about Dropbox but would prefer to avoid yet another account.
Erm, what do you mean by "another account"? Are you saying you don't have a Dropbox account yet? If so, you're punishing yourself. Dropbox, in my opinion, is absolutely essential for effective use of an iOS device, both iPad and iPhone/iPod touch. (Or you might set up a cloud service similar to Dropbox, but Dropbox is the best of them all.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
OK, that is the step I was missing. I converted the books and then tried to move them from that folder to Marvin. So I need to save to disc and then I will have an EPub and Mobi copy of the books.
Not true at all. You can directly use the converted copies from inside Calibre's folders. Just don't drag them anywhere, least of all to the atrocious iTunes -- I'm not surprised nothing works in iTunes the way you expect it to work.

Like I said before, I set up SugarSync to copy all my Calibre folders online. Using the SugarSync app, I can open the converted EPUBs from those Calibre folders directly in Marvin. No "save to disk" is necessary. (As long as you forget about iTunes, as indeed you should.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by artbatista View Post
Soon, you'll be able to download the book directly inside Marvin from Calibre, no need for iTunes.
iTunes was never needed for use with Marvin. Not in the earliest Marvin version. iTunes is not needed at all, for anyone using an iPad or iPhone in 2013. I stopped using iTunes in 2011, as soon as iCloud came out.