View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
They are not the same thing at all.

Free For All = Nominations by any book club member from any category.

Lottery = a Single club member chosen via lottery (by summiting their name and being chosen at random by Tom) and one of the following options, either: Version 1. The lottery winner chooses a book that we all read or Version 2. The lottery winner chooses a selection of books from which we choose via a poll.
The problem with Lottery is that we don't know who might be participating for that month. So it would be unfair if the lottery was held and new members were not included. Because of this, I would not allow lottery unless some way could be found to make it fair and I doubt that's possible.

Also with Lottery, I believe the winner has to lead the discussion about that month's book.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote