View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 10:32 AM   #68
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
I admit I never read the article, but I feel there has to be some truth to the idea. Writing a decent sentence involves being able to articulate an idea. Of course, if someone is not proficient in a language, then you can't expect them to be good at the articulation part. But if they are proficient, then the problem is usually in not being clear about the idea. This has to be bad if a person thinks using language to express ideas. I know that I do it that way. I can imagine that, if someone doesn't actually think using language but does it some other way, then they can code without being able to write down their ideas using language. Are there people who think that way?
Wow!
If you have ever walked the halls at M$ in Mountain View, you would hear languages and accents from all over the world (+ advanced geek ). String an 'English' sentence together might be hard for some.

Coding requires you understand your tools and think in their processes, not in your native language.

I inherited the maintenance of a few (Paradox DOS) applications where it was clear to me that the coder only understood the syntax, and not how the system really worked (clunky, convoluted code that barely functioned and was a bear to modify. )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote