View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 08:09 PM   #27
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
interesting points bzpilman ! i will have to try to apply a bit of method to my madness, because as discussed on a different thread since discovering liseuses i have so *many* books at my disposal that i find myself flitting around like a bee from flower to flower, reading many but finishing few... it's getting to the point where i'm almost exasperated with myself. maybe i should set a few groundrules. to start with, i should probably decide not to start any new books until i finish all the ones i've already started. that should keep me busy for a while... i can worry about other groundrules later.

oh, and since you know (and apparently appreciate) saramago, please feel free to recommend any other portuguese writers you think are good ; i remember really liking what i read ; there seemed to be a particular ambiance universal to all the authors i read which struck me as dinstinctively portuguese (although of course i can't claim to have made an in-depth study, and perhaps my sample was too small to be significant). i liked them though.

and damn, i wish i could remember the name of that other guy !!! arg !! does a story about a boy telling about his half spanish, half portuguese childhood mean anything to you ? i think in portugual he lived in a stately old home and spent a lot of time in the very well-stocked library... i remember him talking about books, and stone walls, and rain, and foggy countrysides, and ancestry, and philosophy. i know, it's not much to go on, but i might get lucky. (or that might be one of saramago's, in which case i'm back where i started, with the additional thought that i've forgotten all the saramago books i've read and should really read them again).

see, that is the danger of themes ; it's hard to distinguish later on if you read too many similar books at the same time.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote