View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 08:51 AM   #119
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
it is configurable for most windows PCs - google it.

you can have it as an option alongside sleep, restart....

it saved all of RAM to disc so will restart with all your apps in the exact state you left them i.e. with sigil still open...

I don't like it much, as it creates ( in my case) a permanent 6GB file on disc (as I have 6GB RAM) in order to support the hibernate facility. disabling the option frees up the disc space.
Not to derail this thread TOO much but a useful tidbit of information; if your Windows 7 machine will NOT hibernate, open an Administrator level command prompt, and type
Code:
powercfg -requests
. This will show possible devices / programs / etc that are preventing Windows from hibernating. These can then be overriden via use of
Code:
powercfg -requestsoverride
with the correct, arcane options.

One common device that prevents hibernation is the Creative X-Fi sound card.