View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 12:59 AM   #3
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lake View Post
[...]My two biggest issues were overusing words, or one particular word too many times, such as the word "nodded", and also over explaining things. [...]
Same here. "Seemed" is one I still have to watch. Spending so much time looking at things from a particular character POV, it seems (there I go again) natural to say how things seemed to that character, even though how things seem is not always how they really are, or that the character can only say how it seems because they don't know how it really is. (Or so it seemed to me. ) I've had to learn to be more definite - which seems (just jerking your chain with that one) to have improved my writing.

And that previous paragraph could have been replaced with: I use "seem" too much.

Last edited by gmw; 06-15-2012 at 01:01 AM.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote