View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 05:42 PM   #217
arakar
arakar plays well with othersarakar plays well with othersarakar plays well with othersarakar plays well with othersarakar plays well with othersarakar plays well with othersarakar plays well with othersarakar plays well with othersarakar plays well with othersarakar plays well with othersarakar plays well with others

Device: kindle Touch
Hello, I am a proud new owner of kindle Touch (v. 5.1.0). So far, I managed to customize it quite nicely with the help of your marvellous tools. I also added Enable/Disable Screensaver option in your GUI launcher. However, since the status is not preserved after reboot, the displayed Screensaver option was not always correct. I solved it by adding the below scripts in the extensions folder. The menu option calling script should then call guistartup.sh at the beginning:
# fix status at restart
/mnt/us/extensions/guistartup.sh

I believe that the same applies to your Start/Stop Usbnetwork menu option and can be fixed in the same way by adding appropriate line in guistartup.conf

Hope this helps to improve your tools!
Andrej

guistartup.conf:
start on starting framework
task
script
cp -a "/mnt/us/extensions/screensaver/disable.json" "/mnt/us/extensions/screensaver/menu.json"
end script

guistartup.sh:
#!/bin/sh

UPSTART=/etc/upstart
EXTENSION=/mnt/us/extensions

if [ ! -f "${UPSTART}/guistartup.conf" ]; then
mntroot rw
cp -a "${EXTENSION}/guistartup.conf" "${UPSTART}/guistartup.conf"
mntroot ro
else
if ! cmp -s "${EXTENSION}/guistartup.conf" "${UPSTART}/guistartup.conf"; then
mntroot rw