View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 04:35 AM   #15
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
It's not really that I hit the upper limit so to speak, but I do notice menu structures opening slower when comparing a good 10 books on a card to a good 10.000.
I believe I read somewhere that the JBL is limited to 256 ?or 299? pages of books, or something, but never tested it.
The JBL is way worse than the Jetbook. But even on the jetbook, OS boots slower, menus show slower (in a sense, takes ~1,5-2x longer to load, not saying menu's,or flipping pages in the os now take minutes to open),
and not even to mention if the books are organized alphabetically, the time it takes to go to a book starting with a 'k' is significantly longer with 10k books as it is with 10 books!
I think you must be confusing the Lite with the Mini. The JBL is the same device as the
Regular jetBook in terms of the hardware with the exception of the components removed
that were for the audio and to support charging an internal battery pack. In my estimation
that makes the JBL the better performer, as an eReader. But it is obvious that you have
acquired some seriously distorted, and false information about the JBL. None of the
problems you listed effect any of the JBLs I have.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote