Thread: Regex examples
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 12:56 PM   #1
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Regex examples

I'd like to see if I can collect Regular Expressions (PCRE format as introduced in Sigil 0.5.0) used for common or difficult issues, and maybe add them to the FAQ, etc. Partly so I can have a list to refer to when needed, but also to collect a lot of what's probably already been mentioned in this forum. And maybe to find out if there isn't a way to do a replacement that's needed.

For instance, is there a regex to do other types of replacement but only inside body tags?

Is there one only for the actual text - words not part of a tag name or attribute? Words that are only aprt of a tag name or attribute?

If you have any suggestions for the above cases, or any other useful Regex expressions please post them.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote