Thread: PRS-950 Replacing Default Font?
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 10:06 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
I'm trying to replace the default font on my PRS 950 using this guide here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ht=fontcreator

But it's not going well for me. I've stall on Step 3 -- I've copied over the SD card files to an SD card and slapped it into the device, and nothing happens. Sony reader just sits there and looks at me like, "what?"

I turned the device off and booted it up with the SD card in, still no joy. Maybe because this is a guide for the 505 model and I have a 950? I dunno why I thought this was device agnostic, but maybe it isn't.

Any help that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
The directions are for changing the default fonts in BBeB (LRF). They don't have anything to do with the default ePub fonts. So even if the directions worked, they would not be all that useful. And the directions given won't actually work on a 950.

Do you know how to strip DRM from ePub? If you do, it's very easy to use CSS code in the ePub to embed fonts stored on the 950 itself. I can give you a hand with that.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote