View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 10:17 PM   #64
Alissa
Connoisseur
Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 + Story HD + Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
64 bit win 7 k4pc 1.4 with this version all the azw's that displayed the k4pc icon instead of a cover now display an all-white sheet of paper with the upper right corner folded down and only the tpz files still have the k4pc blue icon.
"all-white sheet of paper" as an icon/thumbnail for .azw file appears to me either that (1) the file association for .azw is broken or that (2) you are experiencing a 64 bit only bug of MobiHandler that somehow prevents cover images to appear for a moment.

Can you try selecting one of the all-white icons on a Explorer window and see what appears on the status area (i.e., the bottom of the Explorer window)?

If you are experiencing the case (1), the left most info on the status area should be the filename (as opposed to the book title) and a default file type name "AZW File". If it is the case, I'd recommend to uninstall both K4PC and MobiHandler, then reinstall them (or, K4PC only) again.

If you are experiencing the case (2), the left most info on the status area should be the book title (as opposed to the filename) and the book author. If it is the case, I have currently no solution to the case (it is my #1 priority issue at the moment), but one of the following may help:
  • Cleanup the disk. (See the previous post for details.)
  • Ctrl-click (i.e., Press a "Ctrl" key on your keyboard and click with left mouse button while holding down the "Ctrl" key) on the "Refresh" command icon (two small green circular arrows, located just right to the address bar) of the Explorer window.
  • Restart the Windows.
Alissa is offline   Reply With Quote