View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 09:41 PM   #1
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
how to choose which format is sent to reader?

I have a Sony Reader and have converted some books from txt into EPUBs (first converting them to RTF in Word to stop all the text from running together). This works okay, but the paragraphs are not indented.

I discovered converting them to LRF (which the Sony takes) does indent paragraphs.

But when I choose a book which I've converted into both formats (before I knew about this), Calibre sends the EPUB.

Is there some way to choose which version I send or to delete the copies in the formats I don't want?

What is the hierarchy of formats (does it look to send EPUB, then LRF, then txt, etc?)

How can I change my default device? I set up Calibre before I bought my reader (when I assumed I'd buy a Kindle). I seem to vaguely remember being asked for a default reader. The default format for conversions is mobi. I went into preferences/conversions/common options and set output profile to Sony 300, but that didn't seem to change anything. I removed Calibre before installing the newest version and it did not prompt me for a default device again.

Is there some way to delete the EPUB version of a book and leave the LRF? I only see the option to remove the book completely, in all its formats. I'd rather not have to take everything off the computer and start again. Heck, it's not really a big deal, it only amounts to whether or not the paragraphs are indented, but it's killing me that I can't figure this stuff out.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote