View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 06:39 AM   #10
jflatto
jflatto began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, ipad 2
Thanks again for all the help.

Let me go to the next level. I want to rename and re-organize my books in an efficient manner. Suppose I start off with an empty Calibre database. I then import my David Edding books. I might have 20 actual different books but 270 files as I have the same book in multiple formats (pdf, lit, doc, etc.). I also will have the same book but with slightly different metadata. Based on the helpful tips you have provided, I know how to consolidate these books down so I merge the different metadata files into the same actual book.

I now want to repeat the process with David Webber books. However, to make my consolidation process easier, I want to remove the David Edding's books from Calibre first so Calibre only has a single actual author at any one time. Thus I want to move the consolidated David Eddings underlying files out of Calibre's folder into a temporary storage folder while I work on the other books in Calibre. I want to repeat this process for all of my authors so I only have a single author at one time in Calibre until I have cleaned up all my books. Then I will put them all back in Calibre. Is there a "good" way to do this from inside of Calibre? I realize I can physically move folders around on my computer and delete db files but would prefer to work with Calibre rather than trying to "game" the software.

Thanks.
jflatto is offline   Reply With Quote