View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 09:07 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflatto View Post
After import, I noticed that in many cases that the author and title fields were "flipped". Is there any method to "bulk" flip these two fields? While I will still need to do a bunch of meta editing after that, this would cut down on the effort.
Select all the files that you want these fields flipped for, and hit the Edit Metadata button. On the resulting dialog select the "Swap Title and Author" checkbox and hit OK.

Quote:
Additionally, for a number of the books, I had copies of the same book in both ".pdf" as well as ".lit" formats. I manually deleted the ".lit" version and just imported the ".pdf" format. Would I have been better off keeping the ".lit" version and deleting the ".pdf" formatted versions of the books before my initial import into Calibre?
If you are interested in converting to another format then the .LIT format tends to be far more successful. You could of course put both versions into Calibre - and if Calibre does not recognise them as the same book then use the Edit Meta Information->Merge Books from the right-click menu to merge Calibre entries. You can also add additional formats to an existing Calibre book entry from the Edit Metadata dialog.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote