View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 12:02 PM   #44
PaulGuy
Zealot
PaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enough

Device: GDX, K2i, K3 3G, nook wi-fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidspitzer View Post
600 screen has too much glare/contrast issues - 505 is ok but most letter size pdf's are simply too small too read easily even if you run them through pdfread and read them in landscape.

600 zoom is ok but i think i just need a bigger screen - i have tried the irex reader and found it lacking, so i was hoping the dx would work
I have a DX and it's PDF handling is kind of a mixed bag. Amazon opted to go on the cheap and purchase the lowest cost license they could get from Adobe. As such there are no zoom capabilities or ability to increase text size. So you're at the mercy of the original file. Some are rendered quite nicely. Others simply too small with no ability to make adjustments. Manuals and technical publications provided by publishers in PDF format look quite nice on the DX. Most brochure type documents down loaded from the web tend to fall in the too small category. So it's suitability for you will depend on your application/expectations. Amazon does offer a 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee which may be the best way for you to evaluated it's capabilities/deficiencies.
PaulGuy is offline   Reply With Quote