View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 12:20 AM   #41
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'm not saying the 600 is perfect. But when people come to MR to read about the different devices, I think it's best if the facts were correct. The 600 has some reflection yes. But glare is not an issue with the 600. I'm not disagreeing with anyone's opinion. I'm just trying to correct the facts. It is a fact that the 600 does not have as much glare in direct light as a 300 or 505. It is a fact that the 600 has more reflection then a 300 or 505. So each has their particular differences. Now as to whether these things are of issue to the perspective buyer is a matter of opinion. All I am trying to do is correct the facts so as to not give a false impression based in misinformation. I'm sorry if that offends you. I was not trying to offend you. I was just trying to correct some misinformation.
I'd like to correct some misinformation here as well.I played around with a 300 and a 600 in the store, alongside my 505. For quite a while. And for those who come to MR and see the above, I would like to correct the facts and point out that the 600 screen is more reflective under bright lights (what I would call "glare," making it harder to read) than the 300 or 505 screen. And this is what I have also read everywhere else (except in Mr Wolf's messages, strangely).

I checked them out for quite a while, different angles, etc. The 300 and 500 were easier to read, esp.when light was angling off of them. I have not seen anybody to this date (except JSW) contend otherwise.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote