View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 06:40 PM   #37
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle
Lightbulb One man's meat is another man's reader being returned to the Sony store

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
a very harsh, bright dazzling light... The 600 does not do that.
ok I could not resist - isn't "glare" a subjective description? In your opinion the 600 does not have a significant amount of glare or as when used in this context a harsh or dazzling refelction of light. Fair enough, I can totally accept that. I think "Thai spicy" at most Thai restaurants is medium at best, while my daughter thinks "Thai spicy" is one step below eating red hot coals.

My belief that assigning the description of "fact" to your subjective and completely valid opinion that the 600 does not produce as much glare as the 300 and 600 is perhaps to strict of an interpretation. 2+2=4 is a fact, a given mass having gravity is a fact. Glare, reflection, taste, likes, dislikes etc are opinions. Although many people or even a majority may share the opinion they are still opinions of taste, preference or frame of reference.

In my subjective opinion, after owning a 600 for 5 days and then returning it (ugh terrible impulse buying problems coupled with horrible buyers remorse) my subjective opinion is that it had a very significant amount of glare, or reflective light issues on the screen; this being the main reason why I returned it.

In my opinion...

Last edited by davidspitzer; 09-04-2009 at 06:52 PM.
davidspitzer is offline   Reply With Quote