View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 06:26 PM   #36
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle
I did end up taking my 600 back to the Sony Store - I am confident that many people will love the 600, but for me (especially after owning a prs-505 for so long) that the touch screen still sacrificed legibility for that feature. For some (maybe most) the touch feature outweighs the reflection issues, but for me it did not. The readability and clarity are the most important features in a reader for me. I will say they improved over the 700 but it still felt like a compromise to me...

I purchased the 600 for the augmented pdf features. I think I will try a Kindle DX next - I know its not perfect either but i would rather use a joystick to navigate then interfere with or diminish the display quality in any way

PS - i have tried the Irex reader (too expensive (understatement)to short a battery life and the capactive buttons made me crazy)

On a bright note I was able to sweet talk the Sony salesperson into forgoing the 15% restocking fee
davidspitzer is offline   Reply With Quote