Thread: Seriousness Affirmative Action
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 04:34 PM   #35
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
That's a pretty tall order, and one that has so far resisted all "attacks" on its existence. Racism is simply another shade (as it were) of prejudice; and prejudice never goes away... it just changes targets.

That's why we need laws, to level the playing field until the day we all become "perfect" and no longer harbor any prejudices that influence our actions... however long that may take. (I know I'm not holding my breath...)
Yes, but the trouble with that is that the laws to level the playing field actually go some way to perpetuating the underlying root cause, i.e. people feel discriminated against and that manifests itself as racism (or other 'ism').

It seems like a "damned if you do and damned if you don't" type scenario to me and I really don't kow that any answer is better than the other.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote