Thread: Glo Kobo Night Mode
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 07:52 PM   #24
yoq
Developer
yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
with the previous post I mean that if "patch" program is on Kobo, we could ask to the Tweaks plugin mantainer to add an option inside settings to launch a patch script with a predefined path/name, so when someone do an hack for Kobo that modifies firmware files, he can do diff files and apply them with that script instead of doing a brute replacement of the whole files.
Yes, patch is available on the Kobo. The main problem with this approach I think is that it isn't possible to use 2 hacks which modify the same file. I think you can only patch a file that is exactly like the one you used to create the diff?

Anyway, to make the hack more device- and firmware-independent, I created an installer (and an uninstaller) that uses sed to change the line in rcS. To do this after the update process, I abused udev to start a shell script.
I also moved the log into the .kobo folder, as suggested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola
Only thing to report, for both versions when invoking the toggle in either direction, the central part of the screen only changes color, with the left and right sides remaining in the pre-toggle mode - any type of screen refresh solves the problem.
If you have the time, install the newest version (copy screenInv.so from the src folder onto your .kobo folder), reboot, click once on toggle and post the content of the two log files: screenInvertLog & screenInvertLogFB (both in your .kobo folder)
Attached Files
File Type: zip screenInv.zip (20.6 KB, 708 views)
yoq is offline   Reply With Quote