View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 03:45 PM   #96
rixte
Addict
rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: new oasis, paperwhite, ipad, kobo
My battery felt like it went down faster since the upgrade, but it might also be a more accurate reflection of the way power is consumed. I actually hit 10% this time - I used to never see it go below 30% - it'd go from 30 and if I didn't recharge, it'd be frozen/out of power.

On the other hand, it also seemed to drop from 70%-30% much faster. I need to do a full charge and some actual paying attention to how much I'm reading.

The pages are definitely more sensitive now. I love that for general reading, but I have to be more careful when playing around with setting changes or selecting a new book - I'll end up jumping around and switching up the entirely wrong thing.

Overall, I'm fairly neutral about the upgrade. I wasn't waiting on the edge of my seat for it, since as-is, the Cybook was still a joy to read from. Eventually I'll get the folders/sorting features, but until then I keep my library at about 80ish titles, to make it manageable. The page turning thing could be nice once I get used to it, the battery is nice in theory but I really need to put it through its paces!
rixte is offline   Reply With Quote