View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 09:26 PM   #25
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
The more I think about it, the more depressing this news is. Are ALL of the major publishers on the agency model now? Then I think ebook prices will go up across the board. Did $12.99 look expensive for an ebook? How about $26.00? I think it could happen.

eP
They're making the same mistakes that the music companies made. It'll go the same way as music did for years, but even worse, considering how small e-books are.

I don't buy DRM'd ebooks unless I absolutely must have something in a rush (for class) or they are dirt, dirt cheap (like $.99). DRM destroys the value of anything for me. Even though it's not that hard for me to remove, being a techie of sorts, I'm not willing to support companies that engage in it. This agency price fixing is awful, too.

Vote with your dollars and give them to publishers and storefronts that deserve it.

Last edited by GreenMonkey; 02-28-2011 at 09:29 PM.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote