View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 04:27 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
This may have been covered before but I haven't found it. The following is an excerpt from a sigil header.

Code:
<head>
  <meta content="HTML Tidy for Windows (vers 14 February 2006), see www.w3.org" name="generator" />

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../Styles/main.css" />
  <meta content="MSHTML 8.00.7600.16625" name="GENERATOR" />

<style type="text/css">
i.sgc-2 {font-weight: bold}
  p.sgc-1 {text-align: center}
</style>
</head>
The style sheet seems to bear little relation to the content of the main.css. Where does this style sheet come from?
Anytime yo use a Sigil "styling button": B,UL,It, Center...
Sigil will construct (could be a compound of styles) a style.
Not that the same style may not be present in another page (which is why a simple copY of a working, styled block may not work as expected... The stylesheet was not there.

Moral: If you use Sigil to create a Style, copy the code part and add it to your Stylesheet with your naming (not sure what Sigil would do if SGC# appeared in the CSS), then replace the SGC# usage with you name in the document (I believe Sigil will tidy up unused selectors).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote