View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 10:46 PM   #25
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
Another twist to Amazon ratings is that they sometimes don't show the most highly rated. I was looking for an electric tea kettle and a friend has one by Cuisinart which she says is great so I went looking on amazon for "electric tea kettle" and sorted by ratings and Cuisinart wasn't in the list. Then I navigated to the Cuisinart tea kettles on Amazon and it had 4.75 or something stars.
I used electric tea kettles for a few decades to boil water for my single cup coffee filter. I usually paid between $50 and $100 for them and most lasted many years. However the last two that I bought, just as expensive but I don't recall which brand, didn't last even a year. They were different brands.

Next time I went to Walmart I found one sold under their housebrand, Mainstay, for $10 and I've been using it now for about 6 or 7 years.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote