View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 09:34 AM   #3
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Swift View Post
Ridiculous. Penguin should be ashamed.
From your link:

Quote:
the author expressly said she did not blame Penguin Books India, saying they took the title on "knowing that it would stir anger in the Hindutva ranks, and they defended it in the courts for four years, both as a civil and as a criminal suit".

"They were finally defeated by the true villain of this piece – the Indian law that makes it a criminal rather than civil offence to publish a book that offends any Hindu
Most countries have at least a little less freedom of speech, and the press, than I would like. India included.

It seems just a little strange for you to start this thread coming from a country with a good deal less freedom of speech than India.

EDIT: I guess my last sentence is too snarky, but I'll keep it for now. If you are a PRC citizen, I should apologize, but maybe you are an expat.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote