View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 04:08 PM   #102
ThePage
Connoisseur
ThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 4, eBookwise & Literati
Personal? definitions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
According the dictionary definition an anthology is "a collection of selected literary pieces or passages or works of art or music". So while anthology may be less precise than omnibus when merging series, it is not wrong, it is the literal truth. Collection is an even more general word than anthology.

When you are merging books that all have the same Series set in calibre, the title of the merged book will be the series name without the word anthology. And you are always presented with the merged book's metadata to correct and confirm.

I will consider making the word 'Anthology' a configuration option, but primarily because responding to this made me consider that non-English users may want a different word.
I use a custom column of the Yes/No type in Calibre which I decided to label ACMO for Anthology, Collection, Magazine or Omnibus.

I consider grouped stories by a single author to be collections, as most antholgies are thematic groupings by multiple authors vs. Magazines grouping multiple authors in a somewhat looser format, and Omnibi are normally either multiple novels by the same author or within the same series. I only need a single notation as a reminder, since which of these applies is usually easy to tell from context.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 08-12-2013 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Fixed opening quote
ThePage is offline   Reply With Quote