View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 11:04 PM   #25
BadBilly
Nodding at stupid things
BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, OnePlus 6, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, iPad Mini 2, PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
The ones posted by the OP would turn me off almost instantly. Those posted by Alucarda would not.

On the whole, though, my attitude towards anime or manga style covers is slightly but not entirely negative. I don't follow either myself, but there are people in the household who follow both. In my own experience, most of the tropes I've seen do not appeal to me, and since I would expect those covers to appeal to a crossover market, I would not have high expectations.
I'm of much the same mind. I expect the tone of the cover to match the tone of the book. I'd be less likely to even pick up the book and look at it. When in a store or library, I'll browse and pick up something and read the opening and see how it grabs me. If the cover stops me from even picking it up, it doesn't matter what's inside.
BadBilly is offline   Reply With Quote