View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 04:10 AM   #15
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I've no idea. Simply a cultural thing, I suspect. As you know, it's certainly available in many other European countries (France, for example).
It's used here as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
The problem isn't the fact that it's horse. The problem is that it isn't beef.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Wouldn't that then rule out lamb, pork, and goat too?
Especially lamb, as they eat a lot of that on the other side of that ditch! (at least, if I have to believe Jamie Oliver, who I love to watch!)

Just read the wiki page: it's not so much forbidden as a taboo in English speaking countries... And that ban about eating horse meat is only for Roman Catholics. And it's not kosjer so Jews don't eat it either...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote