View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 04:51 PM   #285
dukesilver
Connoisseur
dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hey guys, I need a little help getting this working. I'm trying to install this so that I can use the K5 Reading Timer launcher extension.

During installation, the kindle gave me a message saying that the update was successful and rebooted. The problem is I do not see a new launcher option in the home screen menu, nor in the book menu.

My Kindle Touch with SOs is on 5.1.2 and it is jailbroken (with the data.stgz file). No other hacks have been applied.

Here are the steps I took to install:
1. extracted and copied the update_launcher_1.0.1_install.bin file (and nothing else) to the root directory of my kindle while it was mounted as a usb drive.
2. Unmounted my kindle and disconnected the usb cable.
3. used Menu > Settings, Menu > Update your Kindle

The update did install an extensions folder with sub-folders and files for orientation and usbnetwork. I also followed the steps to add the reading timer extension and rebooted, but of course I still do not see the "Launcher" menu item, nor any other additional menu options that I didn't already have before.

Did I miss an installation step?

Last edited by dukesilver; 01-04-2013 at 04:59 PM.
dukesilver is offline   Reply With Quote