View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #440
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
I wouldn't put too much stock in that. I bet the new screen is still as gray without the light on.

It's like those before and after pictures. In the before, the model has disheveled hair, no makeup, and is the picture of gloom, like somebody just ran over her dog. In the after, she's all made up and smiling like a lottery winner.
I was thinking the same thing based on my experience with my 650. Shine a light on the 650 and the screen is a lot lighter. When the light is not directly on the screen, it is greyer.

As for the before and after photos, notice that the contrast and/or lighting it better in the after.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote