Thread: foxit eslick
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 06:12 AM   #6
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by emellaich View Post
Reading pdf's on a small screen is not too fun unless the device can reflow/repage the text to fit on the small screen. There are two issues here:

1) Can your source material be reflown? It both depends on the original form of the source, and on the use/importance of graphics in the original text. You'll have the most luck if the files are mostly text and they are reflowable.

2) Does the device support a reflowable pdf? I believe the eslick uses foxit's own pdf reader (which I love and use on my PC). However, I've heard that only Adobe's pdf reader supports reflow. I don't know if this is true since foxit has pretty good pdf tech they may also be able to do this, but you need to check it out.

Addition to the reflow issue is the DRM issue. Most current/new books require some type of DRM support. What kind of DRM can the eslick support? Or, you will need to be comfortable buying/acquiring other formats, possibly stripping DRM and converting to pdf.
Reflow: Based on http://computershopper.com/periphera...s/foxit-eslick ESlick DOES reflow.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote