View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 03:59 AM   #13
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
Using LexiaDaMa on my Sony displays all the special characters I run into.

A recent book I read with a lot of special characters was "The Stonehenge Legacy" by Sam Christer. I just gave up and stuck with Georgia font for that book.
Using my font tester epub, Lexia Dama lacks most of the diacriticals. No macrons, no breves, half the acute accents are missing, same for circumflex and tilde. Umlaut/diaresis does well, no dotted characters, only ring A and cedilla C, two carons (s and z). No yogh, no ezh, only 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 for fractions. Only 3 of the 9 ligatures. The test names from David Weber's books that I use show blanks so 'Sh g ', 'Toman k', 'Soth i', 'H r ka', 'Z r k ' and two names distinguished by one starting with a macron AE ligature, the other with a macron OE ligature both show as ' tesk'.

This strongly suggests that your Sony reader is substituting a character from another font.

I'd suggest trying Deja Vu Serif or Charis SIL if your reading material has a lot of diacritical marks, special characters, Cyrillic, etc. I've attached the test file if you want to see what various fonts can do. So far Code2000 and DejaVu are the only two that display every character.

Regards,
David
Attached Files
File Type: epub Font Tester V2a - Ann Onymous.epub (5.1 KB, 266 views)
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote