View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 01:03 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
Amazon is often seen as the antidote to the bloated dominance of companies like B&N, but I'd rather work at B&N than one of Amazon's "centers." I've never heard of a book clerk being placed under Amazon's level of scrutiny. This isn't how I want workers to have to live.
It's entirely normal for call centres. The company I work for, among other things operates IT helpdesks for other companies, and the desk agents are monitored to the second, with every break timed, average time taken to deal with each customer - everything. If they sign off 1 minute early one day, they have to make it up the next day. Real "Big Brother" stuff.

Last edited by HarryT; 03-12-2013 at 02:13 PM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote