View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 08:08 PM   #880
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfpop View Post
Calibre is 200 MB. Java itselfis 200 MB. Mobi2mobi compiled as exe is 2 MB.

Now that we have seen this, could you please answer the question or admit you do not know the answer?

Thank you.
Being as I happen to use calibre extensively, for a variety of reasons, I have never used mobi2mobi and thus cannot offer help in that regard. But perhaps the issue is simply the lack of proper unicode support in CMD... which is a slightly difficult thing to work around. Which I guess would mean it would work properly on linux/osx, and perhaps Cygwin as well.

I can however offer solutions for using calibre to do rather a lot.

... As DaleDe said, there might not really be a solution.

There is a Windows GUI version of mobi2mobi, which *might* circumvent issues arising from CMD.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote