View Single Post
Old 12-17-2018, 01:26 AM   #16
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
I'm looking into how to add data to custom columns. At first pass, it looks like it isn't hard, as long as the custom column name is fixed ahead of time. ( @kovidgoyal let me know if there's gotchas or flexibility in this.)
Are you sure of that? I agree that setting the value of a custom column isn't hard, and I do it in a lot of plugins. But, the metadata source plugin doesn't actually have access to the book. The updating is done after the metadata merging has been done and this doesn't allow updating of custom columns. This has been asked about plenty of times here with a strict "can't do it" as the response.
Quote:
I'm taking Jay Dugger's feature list as a priority list and will implement them in that order, but delaying harder ones unless discussion here indicates otherwise.

In the next 3-5 days I'll see if I can add (some of) illustrator, narritive locations, and characters.
I have to admit I'm most curious about how you plan to handle all the identifiers. Adding them as URLs is easy enough, but to get a site specific identifier to work needs support from a metadata source plugin or an identifier rule. You could test the URL against each metadata source plugin and the identifier rules to decide which to use.

The latter statement reminds me to recommend adding the method "id_from_url". But, I just looked at the code and you have it commented out with a "What?" type comment. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=311978 for how it is used.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote