View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 01:33 PM   #69
zebradude
Addict
zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabridges View Post
So, new Calibre Companion arrived. And it wants money.

Fair enough. Development costs money. I subscribe to apps I value, and if nothing had changed besides that I would have shrugged and signed up.

But they changed the app and, for me at least, it’s useless now. I connect to my Dropbox and look at new books. I get a list of... not the last six, it’s missing the books I added today. But the next-to-last books. And only six of so, I scroll down and they just repeat over and over. I tapped one and tried to download it, and I get an error that the metadata is wrong and it can’t be downloaded. Tried to go back and the new books screen is now empty.

If I go back to the main menu and come back in, I get the abbreviated list again and apparently none of my books can be downloaded, even books I’ve downloaded before.

I’ve rebooted my phone (iPhone 11, latest iOS). No luck.

I’m ready to pay for it but I’ll probably just delete it now. Any fixes coming?
Thanks for the heads up! I do not have many subs BUT this is worth it! I just signed up for the yearly sub.
zebradude is offline   Reply With Quote