View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 01:50 PM   #13
purl4peace
Mommy of Many Interests
purl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle DX, Sony PRS-505, Cybook Gen3
It has been nearly a month with my DX and I'm still in love. I also use the "pillow propping" method and it works great.

With regards to the browser, I didn't buy it for that but it actually saved my butt one time when I needed to look up directions and google maps worked great. The response time was fine for me.

In terms of crashing -- I didn't use my K2 enough before I sold it but last night, I experienced my first "crash". I was just getting into the book that I wanted to read and hadn't actually started to read when it started its boot sequence. Overall, the boot sequence was faster than when Sony restarts and re-indexes all its books.

Even though I was a Sony chick before (still think my red sony is a work of art), my DX is here to stay. I just hope I don't need a new one anytime soon (still haven't had the courage to take it out in the sun yet -- especially with replacement times so long right now...)
purl4peace is offline   Reply With Quote