View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 05:29 PM   #36
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: koa2 wifi, b&n ngp, sony dpt-s1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
That's bad for the battery, and will kill it eventually. So, I'd only do something like that on purpose if I never wanted to change the image again.
bad for the battery is correct. but this device has such a poor e-ink screen compared to the modern screens that i don't use it for reading anyway. the battery issue is moot because i could just plug it in to change the image when needed, set the newly uploaded image as the static image each time i need to change it. then unplug for it to remain static. in this sense, it may even be better not to have a battery installed. but i'm not sure it will even power on without a battery to go through.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote