View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 12:23 PM   #32
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight, Nook Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rem736 View Post
but the sony has one built-in feature that others have to be hacked for it to work. this feature is the ability to use your own images as the standby screen. i actually planned to use one older device (prs-500) for a door sign or a static photo display with this feature.

the other use for this, especially the smaller prs 300/350, is to hold images of shopping cards with bar codes so that i don't have to carry all these cards.

seriously, what is the problem with this feature that kobos/nooks/kindles don't include it built-in?
My Nook ST had this built in. So did the original Kindles. What they learned over time is that customers would screw things up (image file types or dimensions for instance) and call to complain.

My guess would be if Sony was still making readers, they wouldn't have this any more either.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote